We will cover the following material in five 2.5 hour sessions:
Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to remarkable HypnoBirthing philosophy
• The History of Women and Birthing
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women's bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing
• Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birth videos
Unit 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labor and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labor Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labor
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labor of Love
• Onset of Labor – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing center
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labor moves along – passing time through labor
• Hallmarks of labor
• If labor rests or slows – Companion’sprompts and activities
• As labor advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love - Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
Cost for my group classes is $375/couple. I teach group HypnoBirthing classes with Balanced Birth Support at the Body in Balance Center in Alexandria, VA. I am also available for private instruction.
My classes include:
5 information packed classes
Your own copy of the 302-page HypnoBirthing text, HypnoBirthing -The Mongan Method
5 MP3 tracks for your home practice - tracks include stress reduction, bonding, birth rehearsal imagery, partner affirmations, mother affirmations and the Rainbow Relaxation
A supplemental folder of instructive and informative handouts
Unique deep relaxation techniques
Slow, calm breathing methods for use in labor, birth, and beyond
Help planning your birthing preferences
A guide to helping you find a doula
A supportive childbirth educator and certified Hypnotherapist
Access to additional hypnotic fear/worry/anxiety and stress releases for a reduced rate
What is a fear release? - A release allows you to let go of anxieties, fears, frustrations, self-doubts and disappointments that you are harboring about your birth or your life. While in deep relaxation, you have the ability to take back any power you have given away.
Noteworthy book, music, product and video recommendations
$50 private HypnoMothering class full of tools and techniques for postpartum
Informative resource list
There is a $100 non-refundable deposit which I use to order your materials and it holds a spot for you in my class. The remaining balance of $275 is paid at or by the start of the first class.
The optimal time to sign up for a class series is around your 5th month or 20th week. However, you will find benefits from taking this class before or after your 20th week. If you are close to your birth month and you really want to get a class series in, please get in touch with me. Private classes can definitely be arranged! Please contact me for more information. Cost for private classes is determined by location and childcare needs. These classes cover all course material and address the specific concerns and needs you and your partner may have surrounding childbirth and parenting.
Birth companions are encouraged to attend. Anyone supportive of your birth wishes is welcome, space permitting. HypnoBirthing benefits first births and all subsequent births. Many second and/or third time moms and dads have trauma or fears to release from previous births. Classes are fun, informative and relaxing.
Your HypnoBirthing® textbook, Rainbow Relaxation and Affirmation MP3 download card and folder of handouts will be given to you at the first class. If you prefer to have your materials prior to the first class and you have registered early, please let me know and I will happily have them shipped to you.
To register or seek more information, please call Lisa at (440) 840-4820 or email: email@example.com.
My private Springfield classes are taught out of my home or I can come to you. In case of allergies, my home is smoke-free and pet-free. Please dress comfortably and bring a pillow or two for comfort and relaxation.
I look forward to hearing from you!